Now available for pre-order
Skip the line at the front door! Learn to detect the hidden social media side doors that will give you instant, privileged access to the top influencers and decision-makers in your industry.
Social media strategist Ian Greenleigh reveals the best ways to earn the attention of influential people and organizations using social media channels—to forge valuable relationships, create business opportunities, raise your thought leader profile, or land the perfect job.
Advance excerpts (subscribe for more):
- Introduction: My story
- History’s side doors: First tweets and first phone calls
- Understanding the gatekeepers
- Early adoption and social adstock
- How to better your life through blogging (the Embassy of You)
- Media gatekeepers: not dead yet
- Secrets of the “blogging One Percenters”
- Instagram and the tiny moments of our lives
- The perils of infinite access (why doors close)
- Social influence is earned (and learned)
- Guest post on Convince & Convert
- Being three-dimensional in social media
- How to make yourself indispensable with social media
- Social media influence: active and passive access
- If a CEO blogs and no one comments
- Why we still stand in line
- How to go from blog to job (an interview with Marcy Massura)
- How to use social media to get press coverage: An interview with Jaime Tardy
- The social proof imperative
- Update: Book deal!
- The social media backchannel
- How to appeal to the ego to get someone’s attention
- Companies have egos, too.
- When reality shines through, consumers discover their superpowers
- America’s next top influencer
- When Big Social came to town